1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody else having DirecTV problems?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 6, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Assuming you're using the most recent version of the remote, after you punch in the channel number hit the ENTER button at the bottom right corner.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I had to reset mine last night.

DirecTV is so, so, so much better than cable. But then again, once Fios is dug on my street, DirecTV will be history. When you call Verizon about Fios, they will reccomend DirecTV.

What I have...
    (TV1)HDDVR
    (TV2)HD
    Sports package on both
    HD package for both
    I think we get the 150 channel plan (ESPNU + News)
    (TV3)regular service on crappy bedroom TV for my wife
    Plus land line with free long distance and voice mail.

I think it totals $134 a month. Wife handles the money.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Macs rule!
    Dell sucks!

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have no idea what this even means. You'll switch to Fios even though the company in charge of Fios tells you to get DirecTV? That doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement.

5. 93Devil

Verizon owns Fios, and since the Fios service is not available where I live, Verizon has an agreement with DirecTV to reccomend them. I get a deal on the phone line with the DirecTV hookup.

I hope that helps?

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My DTV contract is up in December. Any and all advice about getting extra goodies out of them (sports pack comes to mind) is more than welcome.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

dayum... 110 a month is out of my park

8. 93Devil

Wife makes good money. :)

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You can get it cheaper. I don't have the $12 sports pack and still get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, Classic, FSN South, SportsSouth, an extra blank channel that picks up the Braves games on PeachtreeTV, Versus, Speed, Golf Channel, NFL Network, Big 10 network (including all the extra spillover channels for when there are multiple games on at the same time) Basically all I'm missing from the pay tier that I would care about are NHL Network and ESPNU (I'll have to bite the bullet next fall.)

If you took away that, the extra HD channels (again, you still get HD locals and duplicates of the regular channels), and Setanta, you've already lowered the price to just under $80/mo. And that's before any rebates or special offers, which are plentiful. If DirecTV were a hockey team, JR would accuse it of papering the house.

Draft saved Draft deleted