1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody Else Hate Fall?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Now THAT perks me up. ;D ;D

Thank you, sir.

2. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Winter is by far the worst. The most labor-intensive of seasons. The most dangerous. Can't play soccer outside. Can't do anything outside. I would and have moved to places with fewer professional opportunities just to escape winter.

It's really no contest.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Words to live by.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The only thing that bothers me about winter is the Threat Matrix fear mode that seemingly everyone and their mom has been sucked into in recent years by excitable and craven ratings-driven TV "coverage".

If you live north of the Potomac/Ohio/Arkansas River, it's going to fucking snow once in a while. It's going to get near zero a few times. Deal ... with ... it.

The only thing to fear in the winter is ice. Ice is a bitch goddess that has earned her rep.

5. joe

joe Active Member

May is glorious in its possibilities, emotionally complex but with a loving heart beating inside, ready with a warm embrace or a cold slap of reality. May is the no and the yes. May is long, getting longer, the sun rising and setting earlier and later each day. May is your lover, your girlfriend, your fiancee, your wife. May is glorious in its possibilities, leading to June's circadian rhythm of more, more, more. May leads to summer's hot days and cold beer, of women with little clothes and glorious skin on a warm beer garden night. May is the wellspring.

Fall? Fall is death.

6. Lugnuts

I think I'm in love

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

It breaks Lugnuts' heart in two when she find it's October. Summer's gone.

8. Lugnuts

Wake me up ... When September ends...

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Your options are severely limited, as opposed to the other three seasons. But that goes without saying. I think that was his point. Not that you can't do ANYTHING. Because, obviously, you can go outside and curse whoever was responsible for such a horrible, worthless season. :)

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Winter's one advantage is less roadwork.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Bangles version all day. Also add Reeling in the Years to the soundtrack.

Fall would depress the hell out of me were it not for the sweet, sweet heroin that is college football.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Summer. Too hot. Winter too cold. Spring: rain and mud, and looks good only in comparison to winter.

Fall.

Draft saved Draft deleted