1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody else going early Saturday night due to the time change?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HejiraHenry, Mar 6, 2009.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

We're off at 10:15 p.m., an hour early, to help the circulation crew make their 5:30 a.m. delivery benchmark.

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Yeah, we're going in a half-hour early, at 10:30.

It seems like the pressroom never gets the word though. I remember going in early once for DST, and when I asked where the papers were was told "Oh, the pressmen are at lunch. They won't start for a while yet."

3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Half-hour early at 10:45 p.m.. And we have HS soccer finals and HS basketball finals that start after 8 p.m.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Not sure I've ever worked on a desk that went out early because of the time change. Interesting.

5. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

we're going at 11 in my shop. fortunately, i think all of our stuff will be done early.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

At my first paper, we always went in early for this time change. In the fall, we never got to be late. Bastards.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

We tell our carriers not to change their clocks till they get off the route. Normal press time.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

One more reason I'm glad I'm not desking this weekend.

9. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

We'll send the pages an hour early (10:45 p.m.). With a few games going until 10, we'll have basic roundups and follow up with quoted stories on a calm Sunday. It's kind of nice, actually, to be able to use my tape recorder for a gamer at 10:30 p.m. Make me wish we were a p.m.

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Desk is now a verb? Ugh.

11. Pendleton

Pendleton Member

One full hour early on a busy night. Joy.

12. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

High school basketball substate tonight. Deadline remains 11 p.m.

Draft saved Draft deleted