1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody been to Switzerland?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ogre, Oct 11, 2006.

1. ogre

ogre Member

What is this site, travelagents.com, or what? Thanks for more tips! Keep em coming.

I am flying into Zurich, speaking of which, I need to go buy some sleeping pills for the 9 hour flight...

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'll echo the reccomendations for Lucerne. Beautiful lake, beautiful mountain, beautiful town.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I had spent my time in Chur. Like mentioned about other locals, it is very beautiful. There were a few good bars and places to go at night and other places during the day.

4. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Spent ten days in Geneva. Went to Paris to save money.

I spent more to get my clothes dry-cleaned in Geneva than I did to buy them in the first place.

YHS, etc

5. Add me to the Lucerne list. Gorgeous town, crystal clear lake. Check it out if you get the chance.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Mr Friend is right. Switzerland is horrendously expensive.

A plaine old room at the aforementioned Hotel Baur au Lac is $624.00 a night (Usd). A suite is $1300.00

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Never been to Switzer-land, but I used to have Barry's cell number.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Plenty of ... um .... companionship in Frankfurt. Not that I would know. I'm just sayin.

9. ogre

ogre Member

a few hours in to this mission now. want to thank all of zou for zour imput. want to hate on this kezboard for its euro alingment. if zou cant tell whats fucked up, then mazbe trz to look at zour kezboard.$(return)$

hit up the grossmunster todaz, it was craxz. going to head back to the bars now. zes it is waz expensive, but when zou go abroad who needs sleep or a budget<<<<<<<<<<<<<<'?$$

more beers now

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Hit the bar next to McDonalds & train station in Zurich. It's a pretty hip place.

11. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

Ogre, I lived in Frankfurt. While you're there, be sure to check out the Zeil.

It's the downtown pedestrian zone shopping area. And you'll want to check out the Roemer (what little remains of the old town. It's a short walk from the Zeil) if you can.

The main train station is pretty wild. One of the busiest places I've ever seen.

As for Cologne, the cathedral is really cool. It's supposedly never finished because it's so big. When they finish one spot, they have to rennovate another. That's just what some of the locals told me.

I've never been to Stuttgart, so can't help you there.

If you're not on a tour bus and are taking trains or whatnot, make sure you make it to Heidelberg. It's only about an hour or so south of Frankfurt by train, and it's definitely worth the trip.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

More beers won't change those keyboard configurations. Have a great rest of the trip!

Draft saved Draft deleted