1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anybody at the All-Star Game?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smasher_Sloan, Jul 11, 2006.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That press box may have the only truly awful seats in the whole place. As much as I love the rest of the ballpark, I always wondered if it was an intentional fuck you to the media. They really couldn't have done a worse job.

Great place to watch a game in the stands, though ;D

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Would be kinda ironic to be a big fuck-you to the media, seeing who the team's two principal owners are.

I heard Paul Meyer from the P-G on the radio today saying that McClatchy may be looking to get out at the end of the season. That'll leave the Nuttings totally in control, since they are the controlling shareholders.

3. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

I have a secret for you: the Nuttings have been totally in control for a long time.

And since they're in control, and if you know how they run their "newspapers," I could see the pressbox not being an intentional "fuck you" to the media, but not remotely on their list of priorities.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The Nuttings are in control re: ownership shares, but they generally let McClatchy run the day-to-day operations as the managing partner.

Draft saved Draft deleted