1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

any washington nats media people out there?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by patchs, Jun 21, 2008.

1. patchs

patchs Active Member

I have 1 simple question.
    Where is the media parking lot.
    That's it.
    Thanks.

2. RFK Stadium.

Shuttle runs from very early in the day to very late. I take the metro, however.

A few media outlets have a reserved space at the ballpark.

3. Hustle

Hustle Guest

If you park in the media lot - Lot 8, you can't miss the sign on Independence Ave. - you'll be right near where the shuttle picks you up. The regular fan shuttles aren't that far away, but they drop you off a few blocks from the stadium.

The "media" shuttle doesn't really drop you off near the media entrance - instead, on the entire other side of the stadium - but I may see if I can get a little closer the next time I'm out there.

4. patchs

patchs Active Member

Is the RFK lot the same one that was used for media for last year?
    How early is it open?
    Sucks you have to take a shuttle.
    Appreciate the help.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I used to take the fan shuttle, which is efficient and free. However there's plenty of parking near the stadium - that's as a fan. I'm sure they'd take the media's 20 bones as well.

6. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

I would definitely take the Metro--media or not. You can park somewhere and hop on the Metro, and the station drops you right off at the stadium.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Metro right after a game is a zoo. Next time I get on it, I'll be dead. But later, when media would be leaving, is probably fine.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I agree with both Jay's and Moddy's assessment of Metro.

The headaches of parking in D.C. -- particularly in Southeast -- aren't worth it IMO.

9. patchs

patchs Active Member

I've got a photog lugging photo and video equipment, Metro, especially at night (we're staying with a pal in Springfield) may be not the best option.
    The plan is to use the RFK media lot the first night and if it sucks, then I'll bend over and shell out $20.
    I want to be in the stadium no later than 3:30 for a 7 p.m. game, so I have plenty of time for my pre-game interviews.
    And since I've got some replies, how's the food in the media dining room, or is it smarter to hit the numerous concession stands? Ben's Chili Bowl has me curious.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

From what I had at the one game I attended (as a fanboi looser), the food at the concessions stands is good -- but expensive as hell.

I couldn't answer you about the food in the media dining room, though.

11. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Press dining isn't awful - there's the pre-made stuff as usual or you can get something made to order. The dining area is a lot more cozy than RFK, but the box itself is a hell of a lot bigger.

And patchs, you'll be just in time to see the display they unveiled honoring Shirley Povich. The official dedication was today and I must say that Maury Povich was kinder and a lot more gracious with his time than I otherwise would have expected.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I like how MASN simply identified Povish as "Shirley's son"

Draft saved Draft deleted