1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Vonage customers here?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smokey33, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

I've been having some problems with vonage the past few days: delayed dial tone, it takes an extremely long time to place a call; callers can't hear me until the third time I say hello.

Some Vonage phone support woman who could barely speak english tells me this is a problem on Vonage's end that all customers are experiencing. Anybody else having similar problems?

Vonage tech support is worthless. I described my problem to the woman at least five times and she still didn't seem to comprehend.

2. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

I've had it for six months and have never had a problem that wasn't my fault. Couldn't love Vonage more than I already do.

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I had it about a year and I don't think a day went by without having some trouble with Vonage.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I despise Vonage. Search this site for the word "vonage" and possibly "motherfuckers" and you'll find a whole thread I dedicated to their shitty service.

5. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Vonage problems come and go. I guess you get what you pay for to some extent.

I had problems with the other end unable to hear me for about one call per month, but now it only happens every three months. Call right back and it's not an issue. That hassle is worth the $50 or so I save compared to my own phone company every month.

6. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Our best friends have Vonage and they hate it. Every time they call us, it takes at least five seconds after picking up the phone to be able to hear them. Needless to say, that has scared me away despite the good prices.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I have the bare minimum plan and use it as an alternative to my cell phone during the day -- i.e. not terribly much. Better to spend $15/month than spend $25 on overage minutes. For what I pay, it does the job, though it has its quirks.

8. da el g

da el g Member

service is pathetic, cancelled within the first month, you DO get what you pay for

9. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

Instead of Vonage, look into SunRocket if you want to go the VOIP route.

I replaced my land line with SunRocket months ago and have been really happy with it. It was like $199 for the year -- way cheaper than Vonage -- for unlimited local/long distance calling. They even give you a second number for free (which you can use as a business line or whatever...i don't really use mine).

I haven't had any problems with SunRocket, a streak I will now karmically break by posting this message.

Draft saved Draft deleted