1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any techies here?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Dec 9, 2006.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Oh, I wish I had known that you needed such tips. Also, you can drag folders to the dock. I keep a few key folders there so that I don't have to minimize windows to get at them. If you don't want to bother opening the programs, you can just find their icons in the apps folder and drag them to the dock to create a shortcut. Appearing on my overloaded dock are Mail, Address Book, Word, Limewire, Safari, Nutscrape, Dreamweaver, Quark, Powerpoint, Excel, Yahoo Messenger, iTunes, Fetch, Quicken, Windows Media Player, iCal, Calculator, iPhoto, Dropzip, Stickies, Text Edit, Final Draft, ISP program, iSync, Flickr Photo, VLC, Photoshop, iMovie, my printer, Firefox and two folders and my trash can. I'll be honest: I don't use most of the programs. I'm not even sure what a few of them do.

2. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

IJAG, Glad to be of service.

Heine, thanks for the folder idea. For some reason hadn't thought about that... just kept using the magic corner to hide all but my desktop to get to folders like that.

Songbird, check out this link: http://www.apple.com/ca/support/imovie/. It does a far better job teaching IMovie than I ever could.

Draft saved Draft deleted