1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any suggestions for a softball league management website?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Vombatus, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any suggestions for a website (preferably free) through which someone can run their recreational softball league? This is a work-related league.

I need the basics like:
    schedule
    results
    standings
    playoff bracketing
    score entry
    preferably password protected of course, one password per team manager I guess, plus the league officers.

I don't need roster management, because we have that covered and that needs to stay behind a firewall.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone here at sj.com used an existing website out there for this kind of thing. We used to have a web developer do it, and it was great, but he burned out. Then someone replaced all his stuff, and now it has just been crap, incorrect information, and essentially unreliable and useless for the past couple of years. We're finishing up the playoffs right now, and the internal site doesn't even have brackets posted. It blows.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Don't need it for this year obviously, but hoping for something far better in 2016.
    VB

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Oh this is not going to end any kind of well at all.

Vombatus likes this.
  3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

League Lineup is good. My buddy uses Game Changer. think that's what lot of hs teams use, does pitch counts, which is a bit much for rec softball. had a buddy, who coaches, tell me parents go on the site and use it during games. so if little johnny is over his pitch count you will hear from daddy.

Vombatus likes this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

A lot of high school teams are using Game Changer as well.

Vombatus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted