1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Sports TV/Radio writers still out there?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Birdscribe, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Folks:

I'm in the middle of a mailing project where I have a list of sports tv/radio writers I need to get this mailing to ASAP.

I'm trying to get this list finalized, but I'm not sure who is still out there. Which is where SportsJournalists.com Nation comes in.

If you still have a sports radio/TV writer at your digs -- or if you know of one nearby -- could you please either throw it on here or PM me.

Relax, it's not junk mail. It's stuff for my New Zealand event that I know all of you are going to watch on NBC next weekend. ;D

2. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

perhaps it's a dying breed....I know that Nancy Marrapese-Burrell handles those duties at the Boston Globe, but she also covers college pucks...then of course, there's Richard Sandomir at the NYTimes...

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Thanks, Dan. I know about Sandomir, didn't know who took Bill Griffith's place at the Globe.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Neil Best, Newsday: neil.best@newsday.com (highly entertaining column and BLOG!!!!!)

5. maberger

maberger Member

barry horn DMN
    tom hoffarth LA DN
    bob raismann NY DN
    teddy greenstein chi tribune

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Bob Wolfley, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

If you want Canadians, who do get NBC, too:

Chris Zelkovich, Toronto Star
    William Houston, Globe and Mail
    Pat Hickey, Montreal Gazette

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Tom Jones at the St. Petersburg Times. It's not his only duty as the Page 2 columnist, but the TV stuff is in there in print and online.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Slappy 4428, sportsjournalists.com

10. leonard shapiro

leonard shapiro New Member

Add me to the list. I've been writing "Sports Waves" since the early 1990s, though only on washingtonpost.com for the last few years. Best part of the web--no one ever says keep it short!!!!

11. Scouter

Scouter Member

Dan Caesar, St. Louis Post-Dispatch

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Tom Jones?
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted