1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any 'Spaced' fans here?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

After a month of waiting for my sister to cough up my birthday present, my DVDs of the BBC show 'Spaced' finally showed... and I'm absolutely taken by it. For those who don't know what it is, it's the TV show that Simon Pegg (he of 'Shaun of the Dead' and 'Hot Fuzz') cowrote and starred in. Very much in the same vein as the flicks, it's about a guy (Pegg) and a girl (cowriter Jess Hynes) who move in together -- platonically -- and the weird cast of characters around them.

It's absolutely brilliant. Hilarious, filled with all sorts of geek-culture references (Star Wars, video games, etc.)

Two seasons, only 14 episodes, and I'm dying for more. Sadly, it's not going to happen. The DVDs are even more cool because they have the original commentaries the cast did when it was released in the UK, as well as new commentaries with the cast and guests Kevin Smith, Tarrantino, Cody Diablo, Patton Oswalt, Matt Stone ("South Park").

Any other fans out there?

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I got it the day it came out, I was looking forward to it so much. Love that show. One of my favorite British comedies. Haven't gotten around listening to the commentaries yet. Love the Star Wars stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted