1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any South Dakota advice?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RecoveringJournalist, May 9, 2015.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This might be the dumbest rant in the history of SJ.com, but...

Does anyone watch Pawn Stars on the History Channel?

The father is incredibly interested in, and curious about, history. His fat, lazy son is determined to remain ignorant at all costs.

They go to Sturgis for the motorcycle rally, and the father wants to check out Mt. Rushmore as long as they are nearby, and the fat, lazy son refuses to go with him.

I hate that fucking spoiled asshole.

RecoveringJournalist likes this.
  2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I watch it religiously. I'm well aware that the entire show is almost completely staged, but I still enjoy it. I get annoyed when they try to put storylines in like, "Chumlee wants a raise." Really, because I saw him on TMZ with his assistant at one of the big MMA fights, so somehow I think he's clearing a bit more than his original hourly wage.

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

SPOILER ALERT!

RJ, be sure to take him to see the Canadian side of Mount Rushmore:

[​IMG]

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You can see bison all over the ding dang place.

I was in Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota a long time ago, and it was fantastic.

Still have not been to Mt. Rushmore.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Before the Bakken oil boom, the North Dakota Badlands were one of the prettiest places in the country.

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Do the Presidential Trail and Sculptor's Studio at Rushmore.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I was there in summer of 1989, I think. It could've been summer 1990, but I'm pretty sure it was 1989.
    It was great.

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Not much else to recommend them, but Vermillion has the Al Neuharth shrine at USD and Yankton has, ummmmm, the Lewis & Clark Recreation Area.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

About the only thing I remember from actually visiting Rushmore was almost not making it to the shitter. Probably the closest I've come since diapers to shitting explosive diarrhea all over my pants and the car. I was in vivid, obvious pain and limped to the visitor's center with my ass clenched like there was no tomorrow. Two old people even laughed at me before I could get to the crapper.

Vombatus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted