1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any SJ.com survival leagues? Any openings left?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Sep 6, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sure, genius who thought the Chargers were a lock. I'm done in this one, but I am a previous winner of a thousand-dollar survivor pool, so I think I'll listen to my own advice, thank you very much.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I picked the Colts, so I'm still going!

No game appealed to me this week. I did think seriously about the Chargers, but Norv Turner blows so I couldn't take that leap of faith. Decided just to take the Colts, figuring if I'm going out in week four, I may as well go out with the defending Super Bowl champ.

3. Wow, a tad sensitive, aren't we?

By the way, you'll notice my post said, "I was thinking Chargers-Chiefs would be a no-brainer. Not so sure now."

I wasn't sure, so the genius picked the Cowboys. ;)

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I can't believe that it's down to 10 already ... and I'm fortunate to be in the fight.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Same here, well put. After seeing how many missed the cut this week, I'm worried about next week.

6. Next week looks tough, especially when I factor in the teams I've already used.

7. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I think I'll be burning either New England or Indy at home. No sense hanging onto them, because this thing could be over in a couple of weeks.

8. Yeah, I was thinking Indy, but damn the Bucs are playing well. Who thought that was possible?

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Already burned New England here, against the Bills. Used the Cowboys this week, too. I'm not seeing many good options next week.

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I almost used the Pats against the Bills, but played with fire and took Carolina vs. Atlanta. I'm sticking with more sure bets from now on, because that one made me nervous.

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

So far, I've used -- in order -- New England, Chicago, Pittsburgh and Dallas to survive.

Draft saved Draft deleted