1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any SJ.com survival leagues? Any openings left?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Sep 6, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Last year, I was in the top five. This year, I'm going to be eliminated in week 3? Fuck that shit.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

'Twas nice having you, spup.

We have some lovely parting gifts.

Now, let's get down to the business of hoping Brian Urlacher dismembers Tony Romo.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Well I hope that for other reasons.

this sucks!

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I thought I was dead in Week 1, when I took Denver and barely survived. I wasted the Bears last week. And I got a little scared when Carolina was down in the second half today, but I'm still kicking.

For what it's worth, I planned out the whole season beforehand, but I abandoned the plan in Week 2 and I'm just going with the flow from here out.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That makes 18 consecutive correct suicide pool picks for me. For you slow folks, that means I won the last one I was in.

And I went with the Chiefs in my money suicide pool as well.

I also wrote out my pick for every week before the season began and had the Chiefs targeted this week from the beginning. I think it's one of the few they will win. It's Miami's turn next week. They are at home against Oakland and won't be going anywhere at the end of the year. Might as well use them now. I've got Tennessee in Week 5 (at home vs. Atlanta), Jax in Week 6 (at home vs. Houston), and Oakland in Week 7 (at home vs. Chiefs).

It appears that I am going against Oakland, KC, Minnesota, and Atlanta quite a bit.

Dallas will probably be the most popular pick in Week 4 (at home vs. St. Louis). So will San Diego (at home against the Chiefs). I'm saving them both for the playoffs, along with New England.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Thanks for the advice, TSP! Now I can just copy you and blame you when I get knocked out! :D

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Well put. I thought about saving the Patriots for another day and going with the Panthers, but then I nearly went with the Redskins. And then I thought better of it, thankfully. Now seemed like as good a time as any.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I don't think I'll have any problem outlasting you!!!!!!!!!

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Looks like we'll lose two more:

North Poydras 40

Darrell Ray of Sunshine

both had New Orleans winning tonight.

That makes five eliminated this week, 22 moving on, by my math.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Good, glad to see we lost at least some people this week. Should be more next week, I would think, simply because there's not as many sure things as Bills-Patriots.

11. I was thinking Chargers-Chiefs would be a no-brainer. Not so sure now.

12. Hopefully, you didn't take his advice.

Draft saved Draft deleted