1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Rush fans out there? (The band, not the fat, drug-addled douche)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Msaint, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That's niiiiice. [/Chain Lightning]

2. Msaint

Msaint Member

Guys, FYI...some good shots of Geddy and the gang here....

http://myspace.com/irondiamondrocks

Also, ESPN 360 has some interviews up, w/ Matt "Talented Mr. Roto" talking fantasy baseball with Geddy (and Sheffield, Arroyo, Borowski, et al). Just go to 360 and search "Geddy Lee"...Geddy plays in a seriously hardcore fantasy league and really knows his stuff.

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

First song off "Snakes and Arrows" is on Rush.com

Haven't heard it, since my work computer doesn't have reliable speakers, but I'll listen when I get home.

4. Sam Mills 51

Thanks for the heads-up, Birdy.

The sound clip had a nice hook ... almost had a "Test For Echo" and "Counterparts" kind of heaviness to it. Finally ... another good reason to delve into some new music.

Both Genesis and Rush on tour? That's niiiiiiice. 8)

5. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Well, that didn't suck too much...

Got home and turned Far Cry on.... Nice intro, good, all-around solid performance from all three.

Now, about those tour dates...

6. Martin_Lane

Martin_Lane Member

Fans of the band might enjoy "Roadshow," the last book by drummer Neal Peart. He has a distinctive writing voice, and he mostly uses the last tour as an excuse to hop on the bike and see the countryside. So it comes out part travel book, part music book, and it works pretty well. There probably are better diaries of tours, and how it can drag on and on at times, out there, but being a fan of the band made this -- with its insights into the band and its music -- very interesting.

7. Frylock

Frylock Member

What do you guys think about Far Cry?
    I've heard it once and wasn't blown away by the early part but by the end I was really impressed.
    I think it's better than most or all of Vapor Trails.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I liked it. But I also liked One Little Victory -- one of my favorite "new Rush" song, but the rest of Vapor Trails left something to be desired. Hopefully this album doesn't tail off like Vapor Trails did.

9. Sam Mills 51

"Far Cry" has plenty of promise, and I didn't even stick around for the end, which the band knows how to build to.

"One Little Victory" was very good on "Vapor Trails." So was "Peaceable Kingdom," "Vapor Trail," "Earthshine" and "Freeze."

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Earthshine was one of my favorites on Vapor Trails. It was one of their best songs I heard live on the VT tour in Irvine a few years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted