1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any plans for St Paddy's Day?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gehrig, Mar 16, 2012.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thought Nike wasn't releasing them for another 10 days?

2. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

On vacation, so taking the wife and wee one to a parade and possibly a ceilidh, then going to grill out at my parent's place.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Working in the morning, then ODing on OJ and cold meds.

Nobody parties like IJAG!

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

5. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Staying off the roads. I live in an area where DUI's are badges of honor and a bunch of German descendants pretend they're Irish once a year.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

To be fair, tomorrow could be Saturday June 13th and I'd probably be getting sloshed. The fact that it just happens to be St. Patrick's Day is merely a coincidence. Also, no green beer. Don't understand that. Just leads to green shits.

EDIT: Agreed with Brian. I have three bars within walking distance. No need for me to go anywhere else.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

One of my coworkers is having a party for this. I'll pass on the corndogs and green beer but drink anything else available.

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Wait, wait....

One of my friends canceled to get overtime, the other one is still recovering from the flu. Dr. J is working, so I'm voluntarily giving up basketball to go hiking. This includes the Syracuse game.

I'm not sick, but I'll probably wipe out at some point and require medical attention. ;)

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You're having a National Corndog Day celebration with fucking green beer? The best part of it this year is that it gives you a good excuse to ignore St. Patrick's Day. (Well, actually, the best part is the basketball, followed closely by the regular beer and corndogs. But you get what I'm saying.)

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I have never lived anywhere that made a big deal of St. Patrick's Day, but after seeing how nuts St. Louis has been gearing up for it, a tiny part of me wishes I was here tomorrow to witness the real thing. You'd think it was Mardi Gras for the melonin-challeneged.

And Cosmo, I'm honored you consider my anniversary a drinking celebration. Some days I feel the same.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Hahaha, dixie ... I've heard the same thing about St. Paddy's in Savannah, about how it's supposed to be some ridiculous party. Would love to make it down there sometime for it.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I spent St. Paddy's in Boston one year. THAT was fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted