1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any plans for St Paddy's Day?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gehrig, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Tomorrow is St Paddy's Day. Any of you great people have any plans that involve drinking?

I'll be going to a pub for a few pints, then going to see a NHL game. Should be a great day.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Re: Any plans for St Patty's Day?

I plan on following @DadBoner's celebraish via Twitter all day. It's gonna be epic, you guys.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I am going to enjoy a few "black and tan's".

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Watch basketball. Blast Dropkick Murphys.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Today's my 10th straight day on at work, including a couple of 14-hour days last week ... tomorrow's my first day off in nearly two weeks. It could be a shitshow.

St. Patty's day will coincide with mustache madness, as I'm shaving off my beard in preparation for growing a new one for the NHL playoffs. Gotta get one day in with a ridiculous mustache.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I think I'll celebrate like the Irish. Not drinking until I puke, not drinking green beer, not dressing in green, etc.

7. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I will celebrate like the Irish. I will recruit a top 10 class and finish 6-6

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

It's St. PADDY'S Day. Not St. Patty's Day. Paddy is the Irish nickname for Patrick. Pet peeve of mine. Trust me on this. My whole family was born in Ireland and 90 percent of my relatives still live there. Carry on.

9. Same thing I always do -- watch drunken slobs make fools of themselves all in the name of a bogus holiday. Yes, bogus. St. Patrick wasn't even Irish.

10. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

My dad was born there and it used to drive him nuts that people would get sloshed because St. Patrick's Day was a religious holiday in Ireland. Not so much anymore but it used to be. And what REALLY annoyed was green beer! He'd bitch about it every year.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

are you going to wash it down with a couple "Irish Car Bombs"?

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I wish we had the Facebook "Like" button on this site.

I'm actually seeing the Black Keys tonight, but just relaxing and watching ball tomorrow. First concert I've been to in probably three years. I used to go at least once a month.

Draft saved Draft deleted