1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

any parent's unimaginable nightmare: 2 children stabbed to death by nanny

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Oct 27, 2012.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Shows what happens when you hire an illegal.

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

You're wrong. I'm not one of those people who posts everything about his personal life on a message board, but you're wrong. So climb down off your high horse.

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Is there a different killer nanny story going around too? Because the one in this case was a naturalized U.S. citizen.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You're way off base on this. Busy people with active lives and three children sometimes need babysitters.

5. zagoshe

"Naturalized" = "NOT BORN HERE" - - same difference

6. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

I'll bend over, and I authorize you to deliver one good swift kick in the target.

I regret raising the question (and it was honestly raised). But I don't know how to process this story.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"Naturalized" = Not illegal.

8. Why did the Bradys have a maid?

9. zagoshe

Fixed

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

You're the guy on the high horse, claiming somebody with a babysitter isn't raising her own kids. You're clueless.

11. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

"I wouldn't go so far as to question it in a blaming manner, but I do think it's ... peculiar, given the mother's lack of employment. Why would you not want to raise your kids yourself if afforded that option?"

Reading iz hardt.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Jesus. A nanny is a helper. People with money can afford a helper for Mommy. That doesn't mean Mommy is abandoning the kids. Meanwhile, some people go nuts at the drop of a hat these days. Hard to suspect in a nanny, though.

That doesn't mean Mommy doesn't haz a sad these days. Mommy's life is shattered, of course. Most of the world feels terrible for Mommy and Daddy, too. But some of the Interwebs People insist Mommy is to blame. Those people are heartless bastards. Especially if they're journalists.

Draft saved Draft deleted