1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

any parent's unimaginable nightmare: 2 children stabbed to death by nanny

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

I would think it does, considering two young children are dead for nothing.

2. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

The 6-year-old tried to fight off Ortega as the lunatic was stabbing her brother.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2223972/Krim-murder-Brave-year-old-girl-tried-fight-killer-nanny.html

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

The parents probably will regret hiring a nanny for the rest of their lives, but for total stranger to question their hiring a nanny even though the mother didn't work is insensitive and unkind.

4. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

I don't give a bloody shit if you think it's unkind. It is an honest question.

5. Riptide

It's obvious why anyone would hire a nanny. Even if they do it because they have some extra money and want to free up some time. There is nothing wrong with that.

6. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

You must have been raised by a nanny.

My sister-in-law has one. I don't know how you vet for something like this. You would need to be equipped with a certain amount of trust for the human species (which I do not have).

7. Riptide

I guess your sister-in-law doesn't give a bloody shit what you think.

8. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

Ha. I would guess that is pretty true.

This story is the worst I've seen all year. What a broken, fucked up society this is.

9. Riptide

We do agree on that, Mr. Pie.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I am horrified by this story.

And I am fucking horrified anyone would question the mother for hiring a nanny in the first place.

11. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I wouldn't go so far as to question it in a blaming manner, but I do think it's ... peculiar, given the mother's lack of employment. Why would you not want to raise your kids yourself if afforded that option?

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

She WAS raising her kids herself. When you have 3 kids a nanny allows you to take one kid to an activity while another gets his nap. Or a nanny can entertain/keep kids safe while mom makes nutritious dinner. Or mom helps oldest with homework while another gets a bath. It keeps everybody sane. it's not like mom was out partying-- she was taking her other kid to a swimming lesson. Some of you are just so far from understanding what life with kids is like.. At least try to recognize that.

What do stay-at-home moms with 3 kids do if they don't have help? It's called TV, and it ain't good.

Draft saved Draft deleted