1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Other College Aged Sports Writers Here?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CollegeKidWithADream, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

It didn't take long.

2. I'm honestly not a troll. I don't know why that is being assumed.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

If you're not a troll, you're so miserable at communication that you should quit this industry immediately. You were not meant to communicate anything to anyone. Perhaps you could sew your lips closed then lop off your fingers one at a time until you don't have enough digits to complete the process. Then you could head to a butcher and accidentally stick your fingers into the rotating blade used to slice deli meats. I prefer my bologna thick and my turkey thin. I prefer all of your fingers removed. Without a mouth or fingers, though, you still risk being able to communicate with one of those fancy Christopher Reeve machines. Luckily, you're a journalism major. So you're in debt and could never possibly hope to afford such technology.

Good luck with the job apps.

4. Thanks for such a warm welcome, I really appreciate it! :)

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Hope you smoked a cigarette after that. ;)

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

he is a troll. he didn't ask who superman was.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Personal Attacks
    We encourage a healthy exchange of opinions. If you disagree with another member, challenge the opinion or idea - not the person. Personal attacks, insults and "flaming" will not be tolerated and will be removed, and the violator will be subject to disciplinary action. You may challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully.

Do not retaliate or respond to a personal attack. Too often, when an initial attack is made, others join the fray and, instead of becoming part of the solution, become part of the problem. Do not accuse others of being trolls. Should there be members whose posts you don't care to read, you can put them on your ignore list. It's really that easy.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

If I'm getting banned, at least let me provide a few hundred words on serialization and context in modern television.

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

In the form of a popular song, please.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

There's this guy MankyJimy who hangs out around here, mostly on Yankees topics -- you probably talked to him on there already -- he's a college kid and HUUUUUUUUGE on his school's newspaper. You should send him some PMs to get some advice. He's written columns about Derek Jeter and lollipops, Derek Jeter eating cotton candy, Derek Jeter's tips on handwashing, and what are the best seats in Yankee Stadium to watch Derek Jeter.

The guy is just like you. You should actually meet and go to a Yankees game or something.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just fetch me a beer, noob.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm a college kid, too! Got any parties lined up for this weekend?!

Draft saved Draft deleted