1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Other College Aged Sports Writers Here?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CollegeKidWithADream, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Hey guys.

Long time reader, (aside from a few Yankees related posts) first time poster. I've frequented this site over the past year or so, and needless to say, I see it as a wonderful tool for sports writers looking to make something for themselves. As a senior in college, I find myself in the same boat. I have experience that I like to think would be great on a resume, but I guess I picked a tough time to graduate college and jump into the industry that I've always wanted to work in.

So my question is, are there any other college aged sports writers here? Or am I the baby of the website? I really want to know how other people my age are handling themselves in the industry and I want to compare different strategies of how to break into the business, writing styles and anything else there is to compare. I hope I'm not alone, when it comes to being young but determined.

2. I'll be happy to share information about myself if anyone wants to hear it!

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The last people you want to talk to about making it in this business are people who haven't made it in this business and are prone to the same mistakes as you.

4. Is that implying I've made a mistake already by creating that post?

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

No. Just that there's no reason you can't talk to all of us.

6. Well I'd love to talk to everyone. The tips and advice must be endless and I look forward to exploring that here. I was just wondering, though, if there was anyone else on this site like me.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I don't know why I didn't see through this troll immediately.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

i'm a college journalism student!!

9. Sweet! I'm not alone!

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Two spaces after each sentence. CollegeKidWithADream is Freqposter?

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

dude, even ET had that little kid and his bike.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Exclamation points are symbols of souls burning in the fires of hell.

Draft saved Draft deleted