1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Law & Order UK fans here?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, Oct 3, 2011.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Anyone have any idea why Matt Devlin was killed off?

I like this show even though I can't understand a lot of the dialogue. It's interesting to see the differences in the court systems between the UK and the US.

2. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

Yup, I get happy when my DVR catches it. I, too, like to see the differences in the system ("Crown vs. ___" is cool).

No clue about Devlin. But watching his partner's reaction to it was totally channeling Lennie Briscoe.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

A lot of times actors just sign on for one "series" of episodes (like a season in the US). They aren't bound to the show for as long as it is on - they already replaced a prosecutor.
    Try the subtitles/closed captioning to better follow the dialogue - and check out the show's web page for translations.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I only have been able to catch one episode and it was a US L&O ep from several years ago adapted for the UK. Is that the standard practice for the show?

5. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

The actor who played Matt Devlin, Jamie Bamber, left Law & Order: UK to film a pilot for NBC called 17th Precinct. 17th Precinct was not picked up by NBC for this fall season.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/02/jamie-bamber-reunites-ron-moore-nbc-17th-precinct/

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/NBC-Passes-Ron-Moore-17th-Precinct-Renews-Chuck-31979.html

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Thanks.

And has there been any scuzzier villain in a cop show than the gang-banger in the last two L&O UK episodes? That guy was flat-out scary.

Draft saved Draft deleted