1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any hunters, fishermen out there? Familiar with Idaho panhandle?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by trifectarich, May 28, 2009.

1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I'm completely clueless in this kind of stuff; the closest I get to fishing is picking a lobster out of the tank.

What's to be recommended in this neck of the woods? What do you go fishing for, where and at what time of the year? Do out-of-staters need a license and how easy it is to get it? If you're a hunter traveling by car, do you need to alert various agencies or state authorities ahead of time to the fact that you're carrying a gun and ammo? Are there tour companies that set up hunting/fishing expeditions?

Any info, tips and suggestions are welcome so that I get through this story without getting a hook stuck in a finger or accidently shooting my laptop.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Are you writing a story? Or taking a trip? Or both?

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

If you're so bad with a gun that you might shoot your laptop, stay in your neck of the woods! I need to keep all my family members. :)

Regulations from the state: http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/hunt/

Some guides and outfitters: http://www.kingsoutdoorworld.com/hunting-guide/idaho_hunting.htm#Guides

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'm the guy who gets a hit or two and tells friends I caught a dozen.

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Writing a story. I live by the adage that nothing good can ever come from fishing.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Didn't mean to mislead you. In either case, I got nothin.

I defer to SC's advice on all things in that area.

Draft saved Draft deleted