1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any House fans? What did you think?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Babyjay, May 5, 2009.

1. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Boy I'm really in the minority. I thought the finale sucked. I could go with the hallucination of Wilson's dead fiancee over the past several weeks, because House and the viewer knew it was an hallucination. But when you start screwing (no pun intended) with what you clearly showed the viewer -- "No, this didn't really happen; we just made you THINK it happened!!!" -- sorry, check please.
    I've long felt that the House-Cuddy-Wilson stuff was the main reason to watch, the medical "mysteries" are tiresome, repetitive and ridiculous. Every week they gallop off, half or even quarter-cocked, reaching definitive diagnoses on scant evidence and always, without fail, coming to the wrong conclusion at least twice and nearly killing the patient. Any hospital that did this kind of stuff would have been boarded up long ago.
    But I could sort of tolerate that, because Hugh Laurie is so cool (who recalls him as the poncy young prince in "Black Adder"?), and because I really like the Cuddy and Wilson characters. Now, though, we can watch a detox and subsequent coupling that we find out a week later never happened ... why not just have House shake up a damn snow globe like the kid at the end of St. Elsewhere?
    Way too manipulative for me.

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

At the rate this show is going, we are about a season and a half away from an episode where Chad Allen guest stars as an adult autistic with a vivid imagination....

3. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

"Black Adder" is Brit-com gold. The World War I series is my favorite, though Hugh Laurie definitely had more to do as the Prince. I've not seen any of his other British comedy work, though it's among those DVDs that've been sitting in my Netflix que forever. Seeing him in "House" after having him imprinted on my mind as a kid in "Black Adder" took some getting used to.

I'd definitely put "House" in the upper-tier of network TV shows. But I'm of the opinion we're in the middle of a network TV quality Renaissance. I mean, yeah, there's still lots of crap on, but it's much easier to find gems among the dreck.

4. Babyjay

Babyjay Member

So did he actually tell Wilson he slept with her and scream it from the catwalk, or was that part of the hallucination?

5. Babyjay

Babyjay Member

And I really laughed at the "that's what she said," even though it was in the preview.

6. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I think he actually did those things, but now that you mention it, I can't be sure. That's a big part of the problem with this plot device.

Draft saved Draft deleted