1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any good Bobby Bowden bios?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WaylonJennings, Aug 2, 2007.

1. I saw the segment on him on "College Football Live" tonight and actually realized I don't know much about the man - the problem is that all the books on Amazon are either his autobiography or else a seeming fluff biography. Seems there's several good Paterno books, but no really outstanding Bowden one that I can locate.

What gives?

Am I missing one? Or are the Florida writers waiting until he retires?

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Somebody wrote a big House of Bowden hagiography back in 2005. I just remember reading it. Good luck finding it.

3. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

The Ledger did a 12-part series on him a few years back. Maybe 1999 or 2000. It still holds up from a historical sense and there's a lot of good stuff from friends and family in it.

http://www.theledger.com/static/bowden/index.htm

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Caution to potential Bowden biographers. I hear to get an access to him or his family, he'll want a piece of the action. Otherwise, it would have to be one of those unauthorized deals.

Draft saved Draft deleted