1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Given Wednesday cancelled by HBO

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by CD Boogie, Nov 4, 2016.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I don't get why people dislike him so much. He's not a hot take shit stirrer like Bayless or Cowherd. His personality can be grating at times, but he's never been that annoying to me.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Was the 20 million guaranteed ?

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I watched the first three episodes (I think) and then quit watching. When he was still focusing largely on the NBA in mid-July when it was the middle of baseball season and NFL camps and the Olympics were about to start, I tuned out.

Still listen to his podcast, which is still good. But he's not cut out for TV.

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Maybe he can finish it off with a feature about which sports show now has the championship belt of sports shows.

Lugnuts likes this.
  5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Ok, hear me out. What if they just cancelled Bill -- the man -- and kept the show, and the Ewing Theory turned it into a big hit?

Lugnuts and LongTimeListener like this.
  6. CD Boogie

Kind of like Kilborn and the daily show.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Give it to Katie Nolan. She deserves better than the midnight shift at Fox Sports 1, getting pre-empted by UFC fights every other week.

Lugnuts and sgreenwell like this.
  8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'm all for it. But even that is a lie. It should be the Dale Murphy theory.

Murphy plays for Atlanta from 1976-1990. They dump him to the Phillies. Atlanta immediately goes on a run of 14 straight division titles, including a World Series apperance in 1991.

Murphy stays in Philly until 1992. Guess who makes it to the World Series in 1993?

In 1993 Murphy finishes his career with Colorado. OK, the Rockies sucked in 1994 but made the playoffs in 1995.

Knicks have had one 50-win season since Ewing left.

Ewing Theory is dumb.

TigerVols and Lugnuts like this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

She's pretty funny and has "It" so I'm pretty sure the rating would rocket soon as she took over.

Lugnuts likes this.
  10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I think it's possible, if he is replaced by someone who is good on camera and who is willing to but his/her ass to create engaging content.

I'm not sure why I just thought of him, and I don't know the general attitude about him around here, but I think Scott Van Pelt could be great at this.

TigerVols likes this.
  11. CD Boogie

It never made any sense and as a longtime Georgetown rooter, it smelled a little racist to me, too.

Lugnuts likes this.
  12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

On top of that, the Knicks had Ewing for the first two rounds of the playoffs that year and were tied 1-1 against the Pacers in the Conference Finals when he got hurt (I guess he hurt himself during game 2 but played the whole game on a bad Achilles). So, they won 3 and lost 2 with him before getting rolled by the Spurs.

Lugnuts likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted