1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any fans of "The Wonder Years"?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i balled during the final episode, too.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

They didn't know? The ratings were in the tank and Kevin was pushing 40.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever seen the finale of Boy Meets World or Wonder Years.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

*voiceover*

"I didn't know what would happen now that I was out of work. Maybe I'll move back in with Mom. Wayne would probably have a field day with that, but he's been pumping gas for 20 years so I'm still better than him. Most of all, I wonder what Winnie would think of it. She hasn't returned any of my letters over the last 23 years, and the last one was accompanied by something about a restraining order. Those things are made to be broken, Dad always said."

6. Quality work. I heard the Wet Bandit (or City Slickers) guys voice in my head as I read that.

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

"Wayne" seemed to be pretty close to his character, a total tool. He was involved with one of the pro wrestling companies in real life.

8. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I can remember reading how the mom was so upset that it was all about winnie....that it should have been about, well, her ..no, but the family....Ahem, the show was about a boy coming of age and how the tapestry of his life wound around in such a manner that winnie was always there. My adolescence was exactly about that.. Except I was winnie.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

She could still be my Winnie Cooper.

And WTF??!? She's a math nerd.

10. And he's best buds with Scott Baio.

11. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

I truly believe that the final episode was one of the seminal episodes of my life. I don't think I ever cried so much during one season finale, perhaps only beated by the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. But even that didn't compare to the Will's Dad episode.

Oh, and Mike, that last episode of BMW - "I love you all" - absolutely kills me.

12. If Ma Arnold didn't understand why Winnie was so central to the overall narrative of that show and, thus, the finale, then no one should even try to explain it to her.

Draft saved Draft deleted