1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any fans of "The Wonder Years"?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Apr 1, 2009.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

14 will get you 20

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Always held a special place in my heart because it was about seventh graders, and the show started when I was in seventh grade. It was real ... and call me what you want, but I bawled like a baby during that final episode.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Not more math.

4. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I did too, and I'm not the least bit embarrassed.

You know what's interesting about the final episode? The cast had no idea it was the final episode. I saw an interview with Mrs. Arnold a few years ago, and she said nobody told them the show was done when they were filming it. They slapped Daniel Stern's last commentary after the fact, and the cast was like "WTF?"

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's why I like Boy Meets World so much. I grew up with the show's characters. When they went to high school, I went to high school, and when Topanga went to Yale ... I drank more.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's why I liked 90210. I was a senior when the show started, and then, the next year, I shot myself in the stomach.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I'm with Mikey. I grew up with Boy Meets World (was a little young to see myself in SBTB, but grew up with it, too), and I am in no way embarrassed to say I cried during the finale of that show.

8. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I don't think I have ever seen the final season. Some channel on DirecTV had episodes on and then they got to the first episode of the final season and stopped showing it.

9. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Let me tell you wet-noses a little secret. Little House on the Prairie was the OG, man. That was the Wonder Years before the years were even wondered. Get with the program.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've never cried at that episode, but it's still the only television show or movie that gets my eyes watery. It really was the perfect ending.

I'm a year younger than you, I believe, so all I could do was imagine my high school would be like Bayside, I'd be like Zack and I'd have friends like his. I wanted to be the first to throw my hat in the air at graduation and be the prom king -- with Kelly as my queen. It didn't quite work out.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Stupid kid.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

Draft saved Draft deleted