1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any fans of "The Wonder Years"?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

My bad. I thought you were just a dumb fuck.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Loved that show but loved "My So Called Life" even more.

3. "The Wonder Years" not being on DVD is one of the great aggravations of my (television-viewing) life. And the fact that it's barely ever in syndication makes it even worse. I think it was on Oxygen or Bravo briefly a few years ago, and I used to time my treadmill workouts during the winter to the back-to-back episodes, because time just flies for me when I watch that show.

There's a local boys basketball player who looks like Paul Pfeiffer, and when I said that this winter to the younger reporter covering the game with me, I was met with a blank stare. Probably about the oldest I've ever felt.

4. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Great show. I can't believe it was on so long ago, though.

5. WKRP is out on DVD. They changed the music to do so.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=wkrp&x=0&y=0

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I had that moment last year, when our intern had no idea Bob Uecker starred in a sitcom.

7. And the new music really sucks.

8. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

One of my favorite shows of all time. Almost nothing I've ever seen covered the coming of age bit better. And the writing was amazing. I can't believe little Winnie Cooper is 34! It also spawned the perfect way to describe stages of relationships. You know: I like her, like her. Sted of just I like her. Which, of course, means you're just friends.

9. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Um, actually, for those of us who grew up in the 70s (you know, junior high).. do you like him, or do you like him, like him was standard verbage.....so too was the struggle to understand if you knew what the word 'virgin' meant.....like many of us of a certain age on this board, I always thought this show reflected how I grew up...

10. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Hmm. Maybe it depended on the region where you grew up. I never heard that like her like her thing until that show.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I didn't learn what "virgin" meant until I hit college.

12. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I actually think it was more of a girl thing to say.

Draft saved Draft deleted