1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Fans of "Men of a Certain Age (TBS)"???

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Dec 9, 2009.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Another great episode last night. The story arc for each of the three main characters continues to get stronger. Loved Owen's story about getting a loan to open his own record store and his dad telling him "You'll be back." And the scene with Joe in his daughter's ex-boyfriend's car was great.

It's easily my favorite hour of TV since The Sopranos finished up.

Anyone else out there still keeping up?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I have been keeping up. I like it. Agree there were some nice scenes last night.

Like to seem them mix it up a little and lighten it every once in a while.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

enjoying it. very much. 8) 8) 8)

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

I've enjoyed every episode as well. But I had a question last night:

Instead of continuing to stay at his father's, why didn't Owen & family simply move back into their own house after Terry got the power back on?

Were we to believe that the police actually made them reverse the repair? If so, that's weak writing.

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Wanted to watch last night but was in the office and we had to watch college stinking football. I get enough sports at work without having to watch it on TV.

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I heart Carla Gallo.

7. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Liking it as well - good character development; still early, so hopefully they don't become charactures.

As far as Owen & family, I figured it was because it was late (and kids were headed to bed). One more night wasn't going to kill them. Probably.

8. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I really, really like this show. Andre Braugher character's explanation of why Scott Bakula's character is always late was really great. And then, Bakula sitting at the traffic light, and looking in the rearview mirror at himself ... that's good stuff.

9. Colton

Colton Active Member

Another great episode. Loved the "Rocky" analogy.

Plus, have to agree, "Going the Distance" is one of the truly great pieces of music.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Who?

Another great episode.

11. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

[​IMG]
    She played the woman Scott Bakula's character was sleeping with. She's been in a ton of stuff - Undeclared, Californication, bit parts in Superbad and 40-Year-Old Virgin ...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Sarah Clarke (Nina Myers from the first season of 24) on tonight's episode as Joe's blind date. I wonder if she kills his wife at the end of the season.

Another winner of an episode. And a great line at the end.

Sepinwal gives it a thumbs up.
    http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/index.ssf/2010/01/men_of_a_certain_age_go_with_t.html

Draft saved Draft deleted