1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Fans of "Men of a Certain Age (TBS)"???

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Dec 9, 2009.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So did anyone watch the second episode? And what did you think?

I think the character development was pretty damn good.

Terry moved along with his young girl, and the stuff with stealing the muscle guy's car was pretty damn cool.

Owen and his wife both standing up to his dad was pretty cool.

And the continued development of Ray Romano's character with the gambling problem was also pretty darn good. On the whole, I can not wait till Episode 3.

2. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

He was great in the Tuskegee Airmen movie on HBO about a decade back. Loved his Homicide character, and I thought he stole the show in "City of Angels," too.

3. I caught episode 2... and liked it.
    LOVE Andre Braugher... Hell of an actor.
    And Ray Romano is pretty good too ... 'Cause NOT everybody loved Raymond.
    Not a bad show at all.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Love Andre Braugher but there was way too much of him without a shirt in Episode 3.

5. old_tony

His character Owen was outstanding, though.

"Are you the fat guy?"

"Yeah. I am 'The Fat Guy.'"

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Love this show.

7. Agreed.

"Next week ... I go back to making little girls cry."

8. This show has quickly become must-watch on my DVR. Andre Braugher has been a favorite since his "Homicide" days, Bakula is solid with a light comedic touch, and even though I could take or leave "Everybody Loves Raymond," Ray Romano is the key to "Men." You just wait for his gambling addiction to cause another rock-bottom plunge in his life.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Finally saw the show - Braugher was great as expected. Thought Romano was also effective and I've always enjoyed Bakula.

Owen in the tighty-whiteys was funny. I keep waiting to see Owen take some customer into "the box" to make a sale.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

How many shows have aired? Are they repeated? Where can I go to catch up?

11. old_tony

Three have aired so far. You can catch up with the first two here: http://www.tnt.tv/dramavision/?cid=54015

I don't think the third one goes up online until the fourth one is shown, so I think it will go up sometime after Monday.

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Being of that age, I'm enjoying the show.
    Loved the conversation about how long it takes to get ready in the morning because of all the ointments that have to be applied.

Draft saved Draft deleted