1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Fans of "Men of a Certain Age (TBS)"???

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Dec 9, 2009.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Don't know if anybody saw Wednesday's episode. I recorded it and got to it last night...

The last 10 minutes are fan-fucking-tastic. Behold the power of company softball.

2. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

One of the best episodes so far of a highly underrated series. "Bitch stole second!"

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

great, great show. 8)

4. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Watched the first two the last few days. Very good stuff indeed.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The softball game might have been my best 15 minutes of TV this year. I can say I rooted harder than I have for any major league team in 2011.

Bitch stole second indeed.

BTW, I'm kind of liking "Franklin & Bash" before it, too. It has a "Harry's Law" vibe to it, which I understand isn't everyone's thing, but I think it's fun.

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I knew what was coming when Owen erased the white board in the meeting the next morning. Still watched the scene 3 times.

7. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Men of a Certain Age just got cancelled. Network said it was because the audience was below 2 million in the latest six-episode run.

Well, how do they expect to draw or keep an audience when they break up a show into six episodes every 4-6 months?

Outstanding show, storylines and acting. Will definitely miss it.

8. Damn, this sucks.

I was really starting to get into this show.

Screw you, TNT, and your crappy website that never can stream an episode without a million problems along the way.

9. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

They did jerk the viewers around. I absolutely loved this show.

Draft saved Draft deleted