1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Durango owners here

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

My car just died recently, so I find myself looking for a new car sooner than I hoped. One I'm really interested in is a Dodge Durango. Anyone here care to share their experiences with them?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Brother had one, traded it for a truck. His wife now has one. They've never had any problems with either one.

(Full disclosure: My father runs a Dodge/Jeep dealership.)

3. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I used to have one. I really loved it (as much as one can love an inanimate object.)

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

"While most SUVs are targeted to women drivers, the Durango will likely attract men. There’s nothing cutesy about its shape or its bulk."

http://trucks.about.com/od/2005sportutilityvehicles/fr/05_durango.htm

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

There was, at one time, a problem with (front?) wheels shearing off – obviously a great safety hazard.

I assume that got fixed pretty quickly.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, that could ruin the trip...

7. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I had one--a 1999 Durango. Bad mileage, and the electronics (like sensors and engine computers) kept failing. I traded it for a Japanese SUV five years ago and haven't looked back.

I would stay away. Just curious--why do you need something so big? Do you tow trailers or something?

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I have never owned a Chrysler-made product, and based on a friend's experience i never will consider it.

9. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I have a Caliber... I really like it.. it's kinda like a crossover SUV, but smaller.

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Don't really need anything that big. Basically, I'm restricted by what my credit union will allow me to buy (2003 or newer) and what I'm willing to spend (approx. $6000). I'd prefer not to have a subcompact, so I understand I'll have something with some mileage to it.

Speaking of mileage -- how big is a tank on one of these? The one I'm looking at has a 4.7L V8, and considering its age, I'd assume the fuel efficiency is about 15 MPG.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

I have a 2005 Durango.

You will love them.

12. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

It's at least 20 gallons, more if I remember correctly.

Draft saved Draft deleted