1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any CNHIers getting a Christmas bonus?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Colton, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

Would love to hear from you.

2. At my shop, we get a $50 bill inside a card from the publisher. I've never been entirely clear if the money came from him or CNHI. I think it's corporate, but it sure seems like he's taking credit by putting it in a card from himself (and his wife).

3. TheCommish

TheCommish New Member

I got a shiny ornament in a card ... YEEHAW!! :mad:

4. j27roenick

j27roenick New Member

We got a gift card to a grocery store. They say it is for $25, but I haven't verified that yet. I'm laying odds at 5-1 that the card is already expired.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

Makes Okie's publisher look pretty good right about now.

6. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

We used to get Thanksgiving turkeys. This year, they gave us a catalog with about 40 gift items to choose from. Then we have to go online and order. I haven't done it yet. I'm trying to decide between the mini air compressor, the grilling tools and the tortilla warmer (I'm not making this up).

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Wasn't it a CNHI paper that had the employee on food stamps -- then had the piece-of-shit publisher walk in and tell the guy (in front of co-workers) not to use the food stamps during the day, when business hotshots were out and about the community? Someone mentioned that story on here years ago ...

8. Colton

Colton Active Member

To those who replied, thank you.

It's solid to know it was my publisher's choice -- not a corporate directive -- to give us the center of a donut for Christmas.

Here's to you, Ebeneezer.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I vaguely remember that tale of woe. Seems like it was a very small paper in Oklahoma where that happened.
    I have a friend in the TV business and at his first small market stop his pay was low enough to qualify for food stamps. He mentioned it one day at his station and he was told that if the station found out he was receiving food stamps, he would be fired on the spot.

Draft saved Draft deleted