1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Alt-Country fans out there?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spikechiquet, Sep 25, 2010.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Kathleen Edwards is absolutely fantastic

2. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

McPhereson Struts is a great Alt-Country band I heard when attending Jax State.

I LOVE DBT (Drive-by Truckers)

3. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Two of my favorite CDs are Hollywood Town Hall and Tomorrow the Green Grass. Just sheer brilliance.
    I miss Uncle Tupelo. But I reckon there will be peace in the Middle East before Farrar/Tweedy ever get back together and do something.
    Have seen the Truckers three times (though not without Isbell, whose new band the 400 Unit is playing at the 40 Watt soon. A little out of my reach, though).
    Big fan of Slobberbone, if anybody's ever heard them.
    If I can be so bold as to include the "cowpunk" genre, a little Social Distortion never hurt no one.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Does the great Joe Ely fall into this category?

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Not necessarily the biggest fan, but I'll echo the love for Lucero.

6. McCrank

McCrank Member

Not sure if they've been mentioned, but 500 Miles to Memphis is great, in the same-ish vein as Lucero.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Oh yeah.

8. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

I remember someone once writing something along the lines of: If the Jayhawks' "Blue" couldn't become the biggest song in the U.S. when it came out, then all hope was lost in American music.

9. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

Ryan Adams - Same guy who did some song with his video shot Sept. 10, 2001 in NY??

Draft saved Draft deleted