1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any advice for this?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by FireJimTressel.com, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Flood

Flood New Member

If one of them says they are gay, that question could turn awkward in a hurry.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

• Is the pressure of the position generated by you or the coach?
    • What is the first read you make when you step to the line of scrimmage (I interviewed a former NFL QB who said any top-shelf QB should look for one specific read before all others).
    • What is your most impressive drive and why?
    • Which member of the defense scares you most and why?
    • How does a receiver's dropped pass affect your mindset?
    • Has the center ever farted on your hands when you stick them under his crotch? (just kidding on that one)

3. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

I definitely think "Are any of you gay?" should be your first question.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

How long have you been a black quarterback?

5. Brilliant!

6. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

No quarterback interview would be complete without giving them some question that makes them instinctively want to praise their offensive line... as they should.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Careful how you phrase it though. I would go with "No one here's a gay, right?"

8. Mighty_Wingman

"None of you has got the gay, right? Ummm...not that there's anything wrong with that."

9. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Follow-up: "When your hands are under the center, what is going through your mind?"

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Really, I would tread very carefully with this idea. It could be cool, but it would really take the right mix of kids, format and questions. I think it will most likely devolve into a cliche-fest the likes of which no single quarterback would be able to produce on his own.

11. Mighty_Wingman

Quarterback A: "Y'know, I just want to go out there and give it my all."

Quarterback B: "Oh, no doubt."

Quarterback C: "Most definitely."

Quarterback D: "I just want to give all the glory to my offensive line, man."

Quarterback A: "Oh, yeah."

Quarterback B: "And God. And Jesus."

Quarterback C: "Most definitely."

If your high-school kids are anything like the ones in our area, this could go on for at least an hour.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The only throwing most of the quarterbacks in my area will do is throw the game with their incessant fumbling and inability to distinguish opponents' jerseys from his teammates'.

Draft saved Draft deleted