1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any a capella fans out there?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Aug 9, 2008.

1. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

I know this is kind of random, and probably a little nerdy, but one of my biggest regrets in college was not singing a capella. I don't have the greatest voice in the world, but I would've kicked ass as a vocal percussionist.

Being on the West coast didn't help, either, as a capella is vastly more known and appreciated back east.

But I did have to share this, and no, it's not Andy Bernard...

The kid won best vocalist at the ICCA competition.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I used to go to a cappella shows when I went to the University of Maryland. I've had several friends in a couple of the groups.

I had a roommate who was a damn good singer and songwriter. One time, he and I did an a cappella rendering of the acoustic version of "Rockin' In The Free World." I was doing the "guitar" while he sang lead vocals.

And actually, I've sung a handful of songs a cappella at karaoke while I was at the university. Besides "Destiny Rules" (which has a story in the Song Memory thread), I also did Fleetwood Mac's "Not Make Believe" and "Everybody Finds Out" sans accompaniment. Oh, and there's a version of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young's "Find The Cost Of Freedom" without backup singers. During the vocal parts, it pretty much is a cappella singing.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Just the B-Sharps.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Boyz II Men

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

A Capella, the group who sang on Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?

6. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

That was Rockapella.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

8. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

Best. A. Cappella. Ever.

9. The Granny

The Granny Guest

If I click this link and it's Billy Joel's "For the Longest Time," I'll be very pissed.

10. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Barney Fife once did a pretty good version of A Capella.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

I think Casty might like this thread.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

How about The Tone Rangers?

Draft saved Draft deleted