1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ants Attack!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KG, Jan 18, 2009.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yep.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Backstory with this, is there?

3. KG

KG Active Member

No, Drip, they are tiny ants.

4. KG

KG Active Member

Slappy, I'd heard it from others before but didn't believe it. They're just cute, little ladybugs, right?

WRONG!!

One of those little fuckers bit me one time, and it really hurt. I've also heard of a swarm of them biting someone if they have messed with their massive gathering.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You sure they weren't just licking the sweat off? Not being a smartass, but read that somewhere...

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Lady bugs aren't ladies. They do bite.
    KG, never had a serious problem with the tiny ants. I would think any pesticide should do the trick. Black Flag and Real Kill always worked for me with bugs.

7. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Where the hell do y'all live where you have biting ladybugs?

Shouldn't they be called bitchbugs if they bite? Or MarvAlbertBugs?

8. KG

KG Active Member

The South. And the ones that bite are Asian Ladybugs. They are more like brownish in color.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Brown, orange, who cares? They aren't ladies. In fact, I've had those little ladies fly up an attack on a few occasions.

10. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

We just had an ant infestation too. Try putting boric acid around where they're coming in. The idea is that they tramp it back to their nests and the whole bunch of them dehydrate.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

Great for roaches too, especially those big brown fuckers south of the Mason-Dixon that love to fight back.

12. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

I looked at it in my garage, just for you KG. It's called Terro, and it controls sweet-eating ants. It's an orange box. It worked great. Good luck.

Draft saved Draft deleted