1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ants Attack!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KG, Jan 18, 2009.

1. KG

KG Active Member

Who ya gonna call? Bug Busters!

Actually, I may call a few places tomorrow and get estimates.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Smart man.. otherwise, it could be the functional equivalent of Chef and his toe...

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Honestly, that's what worked for me, too. My last place in Georgia was bombed by the exterminators at least three times in two years, and something came back every time. Whether ants or roaches or spiders -- or even crickets -- the critters just wouldn't stay outside.

Failing that, call the exterminator. Looky, looky, looky, here comes Cooky ...

4. KG

KG Active Member

That's as bad as "If you wantski good priceski come in and see Kaminskie."

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Yeah, but they'll kick some ant ass ... the jingle may suck -- I'm reasonably sure it'll be stuck in my head for the rest of my life -- but they sure don't.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Along with the mouse I duct taped into a wall, my last place was infested with ants. They came in from the back door and worked their ways into the kitchen and living room. I'd feel them crawling on my leg in my chair, then kill a few on my desk, and then I'd go to the kitchen and soak a couple dozen back down the sink.

I bought a can of Raid, and it did the trick for a while. Then one night, I went to the kitchen for a drink, and when I turned on the light, I saw what looked like the entire colony. I doused them with Raid, which killed them immediately. I cleaned the entire kitchen with some chemical, then lined their trail from the door all the way into the kitchen with more Raid. I never saw them again.

I'm not sure what kind they were, but any kind of bug and I don't get along. Considering the apartment's on-call exterminator did such a bang-up job with the mouse -- which I ended up cornering into the wall and duct taping the bottom of the door shut, so it'd eventually crawl through into the neighboring apartment, die or run into the humane trap I set -- I figured Raid was pretty much my only shot. Thankfully, it worked.

7. KG

KG Active Member

I just trapped a couple of dozen in a ziplock bag. I saw them and used a piece of painters tape to catch them (since the glue on it is practically non-existent). They stuck to it long enough for me to quickly drop the tape into the bag. I'm going to save them to show an exterminator what my problem is, but it's so tempting to hand to them an unfavorable fate. Heh heh heh.

8. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

What's the daily bag limit for ants?

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I know this doesn't really relate to your problem, but I thought this was fascinating:

Many years back I had ants coming in from the porch of my apartment. Someone told me ants will not cross a chalk line. Drew one on the concrete outside my door, and damned if it wasn't true. It was like the Berlin Ant Wall.

10. KG

KG Active Member

Mwuh ha ha ha ha! I forgot we bought some bait trap things. I put one where they were attacking my cabinet last night. I've been watching them this morning, as they scurry along, carrying my sweet revenge back to the colony. Enjoy your little treat as it rots you away from the inside out, you little bastards.

11. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Attention everyone. Do not, under any circumstances, ever, make KG mad.

12. KG

KG Active Member

At one time, everyone here thought I was just a sweet and kind girl.

Draft saved Draft deleted