1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Antoine Walker Traded to Timberwolves

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mayfly, Oct 24, 2007.

1. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Let's not get carried away. If Vlade was one of the best big men you've ever seen, you must have never seen Shaq, Olajuwon, Ewing, Robinson, Malone, Parrish, Duncan, Garnett, etc. Vlade was a nice player, very skilled. But one of the best big men you've ever seen? I don't know what your frame of reference is, but that cannot be true.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Vlade and Derek? I will take "Players that would be good 5 years ago, Alex".

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think Divac was one of the best passing centers I've ever seen play. He was good all-around, average on the boards, but he was a great passer and had a tremendous eye. He did, however, have a fantastic beard.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yes, Vlade was as good as Ewing (no rings) and Garnett (no rings).

5. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I'm not trying to be a dick but are you really excited by that lineup? Maybe, maybe that'd be solid in about 3-5 years, but what are the odds they'll be able to keep all of this young talent when it comes time to re-sign them?

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

If that lineup, more or less, didn't win with Paul Pierce, they're not going to win with Corey Brewer.

The Timberwolves will not compete this season. At least not for a playoff spot.

7. Boobie Miles

The best thing they may have done is kept a locker room cancer (not to mention ball hog) away from all of those young players.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You're talking about Pierce, right?

9. Boobie Miles

Sorry, no Ricky Davis. I was referring to this deal.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I was just making sure, because I was thinking about Ricky, too. I never remember Pierce being much of a ball hog, though I never watched the Celtics play all that much. With Garnett there now, I'll be watching them a lot more.

I accepted Ricky Davis. I really liked Wally and was a little pissed that they'd trade a young guy like him. But he couldn't stay healthy, so it was probably the right move. At least Davis gave a decent No. 2 to Garnett.

11. Boobie Miles

Pierce developed some bad habits playing with a shitty supporting the cast the past few years, but he definitely wouldn't fit into ball hog status. I think he'll be much more unselfish this year now that he has quality teammates to pass to. Davis is extremely talented, but no one will accuse him of being the greatest leader in the world.

I don't blame you for not following my earlier post. After all, this has become the most passionate Vlade Divac thread ever.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted