1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Antoine Walker Traded to Timberwolves

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mayfly, Oct 24, 2007.

1. And OUR point is that the closest the C's came to winning was in 2002, and Vlade was averaging about 11, 9, and 3.7 assists on a team that saw the ball go through him every time down court.

So, Celtics that was lucky to make the ECF in the Eastern Conference's worst ever year + 11, 9, 3.7 and bad defense = championship?

And, again, what did Dino Radja (who last played an NBA game five years before the time frame we're talking about) have anything to do with this? I still don't get your first post.

Or all the ones after that one.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I misspoke about the Radja era, even though the Celtics didn't have a center then, either.

Re: 2002. The Celtics only needed a center to solidify a good team. The stats didn't matter. They had no presence in the middle. Vlade would've given it to them. Maybe one of your other handles here can understand that.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Let me guess:

You never saw the Bad Boys in the '80s. Detroit flopped worse - and more often - than the Ford Edsel,

4. I agree that most posters don't bust out of the gate with as many posts as mine, but I assure you, this is my only handle. I loathe DP just as much as the rest of you.

Stats matter. A presence in the middle doesn't help you guard Shaq or Kobe, or even help you stay in front of Jason Kidd in a 3-on-2.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

I beg your pardon. ...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted