1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti-theist randomly shoots and kills three

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ah yes, the teabag party has no position on religions, particularly Islam. Switch on their official teevee network, they'll go months on end without even mentioning Islam.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Sure, the early police narrative is that the murders resulted from a parking dispute but I wouldn't rule out that Hicks was part of a bigger plot to stomp out religion and set up a society where the State is supreme. Have we established whether Hicks was attending all of the local leftist anti-theist meetings?

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Do they have Democratic Party mixers in North Carolina?

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The NC shooter described himself as anti-theist. That sounds different to me than atheist.

The communist regimes of the 20th century were also anti-religion, and not just atheist. The State was supreme.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This topic is the ultimate sj.com catnip, where all the board regulars have a chance to carry out their tried and true talking points.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Could use some scantily clad women photos, if those were still allowed.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

As long as their wearing a veil

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Sure, pancake breakfasts, but they keep them pretty quiet for fear of the inevitable anti-anti-theist backlash.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'm generally not interested in what's behind the veil.

Monty, I'll have what's behind door number one, maybe number two.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The Times lead on this shooting:
    "A 46-year old man was arrested and charged in the fatal shooting of three students at a quiet condominium complex near the University of North Carolina campus, the police said on Wednesday, in what may have been a lethal escalation of a neighborhood parking dispute."

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The Times changed the lede. This was the original :
    "Police officials in Chapel Hill, N.C., said on Wednesday that a man had been arrested in the shooting deaths of three Muslim students at a condominium complex near the University of North Carolina campus."

Revised lede though carries the bold headline:
    North Carolina Man Held in Killing of 3 Muslim Students

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm struggling to understand how this was your take away from my post. Could you please explain it to me?

Draft saved Draft deleted