1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti-theist randomly shoots and kills three

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I wonder what Hitler's FB page would have been like.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

A regular crusade it was

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

OK smallpotatoes.

And, if you can find me an "anti-theist" who doesn't reside on the political left, I'll be shocked.

Having a gun makes him different than the average leftist, but he's from the South, so we'll allow it.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I was told that all the Tea Party cared about was cutting government spending and taxes. Religion and other social factors are irrelevant in terms of who Tea Partiers choose to support and not support. Are you telling me there could be other factors involved in their decision?

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Zero of them in the name of atheism, of course.

Also: Even if atheists had a 100 percent murder rate, this is what that would do to validate the existence of god: squat.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

Is there a difference between "in the name of atheism" and in pursuit of stomping out religion to set up a society where the State is supreme?

8. YankeeFan

Not at all. How did you get that from my post?

I'm sure there are Tea Party members who hold all varieties of religious beliefs, including holding no religious belief.

But, as religion is not at the heart of the movement, I would be very surprised to find someone who defined themselves by their antipathy to religion as member of the Tea Party.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Leaders of the white atheist community should come out condemning this guy. Talk about how this does not represent the average white atheist.

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Can't blame you for aligning yourself with the board's resident genius.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's not "antipathy to religion."

They just don't believe in god.

I don't understand why that is so bothersome. I also don't believe that my candy bar can talk or that my dog plays guitar after I go to bed at night.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I imagine there are atheists out there who think tax rates are too high. Why would religion, or lack thereof, be a disqualifying factor? That's what your post said.

Draft saved Draft deleted