1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti-flea protection, and evicting the little bastards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by terrier, Aug 21, 2011.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I agree with this. We left our dog one week with some friends who live on a farm, and our pooch got fleas bad. Little fuckers were all over the place. We wanted to try "bombing" our house before we called in a professional, and we haven't seen anything since.

2. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

The other upside of bombing is it usually kills other little beasties as well. I had a mild silverfish problem at my apartment before I bombed, and I haven't seen any of the little buggers since.

3. Bombing can work but you have to get the animals out for several hours. With Diatomaceous earth, you don't have to. You just have to treat the pet at the same time. I used it in my old apartment and the whole place was infested. Just heavily doused the carpet for a few hours and gave the cat a bath to get the fleas off him.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Must discuss D-earth option with Mrs. T.
    Think I isolated a source this morning: the backyard. After bringing the dog back in from his bidness, he had several he didn't have before and I had some on my ankles. Bought some Ortho Bug-B-Gon today, and plan to spray the yard and around the house tonight.
    Pet Tinic, my vet's recommended option to buck up the cats' iron, must be bought online, apparently. Bought a multivitamin gel today at Petco in the meantime - even Petco only had one cat multivitamin that listed iron on the label.

Draft saved Draft deleted