1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another vehicle CD question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SockPuppet, Jun 22, 2006.

1. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Thanks to my son's Ipod and Itunes, I've been fooling around burning some song collections on CDs. However, the CDs I'm using won't play on my car's CD player, but will play on portable CD players. What am I doing wrong?

2. markvid

markvid Guest

You are burning them to the CDs as MP3s, which most car players can't play, unless it's a newer player.

3. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Ah, great. Thanks MV. Effing technology.

4. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

there is a program - it's freeware and simple to use (drop and drag) - that will convert your MP3s to .wav files, then you can burn those .wav files to CD and play the CD in your car.

if you're interested, i can drop you the link to download the program.

5. sportsed

sportsed Guest

iTunes should make car-ready CDs on its own. You make a playlist of the songs you want (usually 12-20 or so) and then at the top right will be a thing that says burn disc. Insert your blank and hit it.

6. OJ1414

OJ1414 Member

You've got to make sure that the preferences are set to burn the CDs as .wav files, though. That should be the default setting though.

Also, some older CD players won't play even CD burned as .wav files, as I found out when I borrowed my father's car last year.

7. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

thanks for the info, folks.

Draft saved Draft deleted