1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Top 25 voter (USC beat writer) ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Just because that gives me an excuse to post this link again ...

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/badgers/

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Do I need to be on shrooms to understand that video?

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think so. But even without, it's funny on a completely random, pointless manner to me.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Just checking.

5. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

No, no. If, say, Michigan beats a ranked team (let's say No. 11) in Week 2 and that team is out of the Top 25 by season's end, Michigan should still get credit for beating a ranked team. Part of the reason that team fell out of the Top 25 is because Michigan did its job in beating them.

Are you saying if Michigan beat six ranked teams in a season (not that it would ever happen) and all six are unranked by season's end, Michigan gets no credit for beating any ranked opponent?

Look, this topic is a love/hate one with me; I hate the system, but love the arguments.

6. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I think our linebackers were doing that dance instead of shadowing Juice Williams in the first half on Saturday.....

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If that were the case, Michigan would get credit for beating a bunch of overrated teams, like Notre Dame.

8. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Yeah, I'm saying that. It takes more than 1 loss to get booted from the top 25. Most teams that go 8-4 will end up ranked. You can't seriously consider IOWA still a great win?

The computers will take care of the schedule strength arguments for the most part in the end.

9. joe

joe Active Member

Scott Wolf's lede on the USC-Notre Dame gamer last year was about Jarrett catching the fourth-quarter pass from Leinart.
    That is all.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

What the fuck did I just watch?

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

HOLY SHIT! I'm in tears laughing my ass off at that! Nice find, Oz. Can't wait to show my kids that.

Draft saved Draft deleted