1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Top 25 voter (USC beat writer) ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Oct 30, 2006.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Of course, when you consider the AP Top 25 has nothing to do with the BCS .....

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Right, but why should this bullshit system determine which team's loss is more significant than another...

It's a real shame because a Division I-A college football playoff would make the NCAA Tournament and the Super Bowl seem insignificant by comparison...

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

How do we know who the best is? Seriously, who won't know until that last game.

I'll give this guy credit for being consistent -- he's got USC out of the top 10 and has Arkansas at No. 15, which makes sense given the game between the two. I like Boise State at No. 13 but wonder why he's got Rutgers down at No. 21. And Notre Dame is overrated, go figure.

Point is, it's all subjective. You just have to let the season play itself out and go from there.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I just can't believe people are voting for Oregon State. I know they just beat USC, but seriously they are 5-3 on the season.

5. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

I can't believe he voted Oregon No. 17. They got their doors blown off by Washington State.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The guy voting from the Oregonian doesn't even have Oregon in the top 25, though I believe the Ducks still deserve to be in it. I just think if you are going to put a fourth PAC-10 team into the top 25 it should be Washington State not Oregon State, but I am a homer.

7. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

WSU won at Corvallis. Something USC couldn't do.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

As long as Wisky ain't playin' for the title, life's fantastic.

9. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

[​IMG]

Don't be a playa hatah.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Well, I did like Bevell at QB. Dayne, too.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I was more of a Bollinger and Calhoun guy. But Jimmy Leonhard might be my all-time favorite college athlete.

12. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Do you mean "those other teams ... have knocked off" a team ?

Ranked victories
    Ohio St -- Texas
    Michigan -- ND, Wisconsin
    Texas -- Oklahoma
    Auburn -- Florida
    Florida -- Tennessee, LSU
    Tennessee -- Cal
    USC -- Arkansas, Washington St
    ND -- Ga. Tech

WVU could potentially defeat 5 Louisville on the road and 15 Rutgers in the final game. You beat two ranked teams (I mean teams that finished ranked), that's about standard operating procedure, it seems ...

Draft saved Draft deleted