1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another thread on clips

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Boobie Miles, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I still think a thread on clips, resumes, etc should be stickied at the top of this page, but since it isn't, here's my question.

I have a clip that is way too big to fit on 8 1/2 by 11 paper. And this isn't a clip that I want to just hack up/ cut off the art so it fits because the layout really makes the story look good. Any suggestions of what to do with this clip so that I can send it out and not take away from the way it looked in the paper?

Thanks

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Unless you designed the page and you're trying to show your versatility, a good clip should be able to stand on its own.

You're not gonna get hired because the page looks purty.

3. doublej

doublej New Member

Copy all of your clips on 11 x 17 paper. Even if a particular clip will fit on 8 1/2 by 11, just center them on the 11 x 17 to make everything look uniform. Then you can pick up a padded mailer at Staples or some office supply store that will fit this size paper. (One of these mailers is $4 or $5)

If you're sending a resume/cover letter along, I would just paper clip those together and put them on top of your clips so that's what the person will see first when opening the package. It's a little more expensive to send out clips this way, but if it's a job you really want the extra few bucks will be worth it.

4. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Or shrink it, from 11x17 onto 8.5x11. Most copiers can handle that pretty easily.

Draft saved Draft deleted