1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another thread about graduate school

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BRoth, Aug 26, 2007.

1. BRoth

BRoth Member

So I've read through a few of the past threads about getting a master's degree to brush up on what's been discussed on the topic. The more and more I think about it, the more I think I want to teach at some point in my life. I've been looking into schools and Northeastern has picked my interest.

Anyway, I wasn't sure if people had any info about Northeastern or some other decent graduates schools not of the "big" bunch. Maybe some under appreciated or overlooked ones. Also, I'd love to get some info on taking the GREs. I had thought my days of standardized testing were over in high school, so I'm not too sure about how to handle studying and taking it.

I know this kind of thing has been discussed to death, so I appreciate anyone throwing some helpful advice my way.

2. e4

e4 Member

did Northeastern pick your nose too? ;D

other than that, i've got no advice. i'm in the same position as you, regarding grad school that is, not nose picking

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

As numerous people have said on the numerous previous threads:

1. If you want it to teach, there's nothing saying you need to do your post-graduate work in journalism. And a master's in history or English can probably help your career just as much as anything.

2. If you do it, look for fellowships and/or be a TA to offset the cost.

Good luck.

Draft saved Draft deleted