1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another teacher-student romance novel nomination....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ScribePharisee, Jul 11, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OR 28 and 16. She's now 29. Almost twice his age.

Good work, Marky Mark.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Hormones can still be active at age 28, or 29. And, no, she isn't the first.

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

This is pathethic. How many cases of this have we seen this year? Over the past five years? If these are the kind of people that colleges and universities across the country are putting into classroom's, there needs to be something done.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers were fairly static over the years. We just hear about it more now due to the 24-hour news cycle.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Agreed. There weren't blogs solely devoted to these cases even five years ago.

I'm guessing many of these teachers, though, would at least know how to pluralize the word classroom.

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Good point. But just to say that we don't hear about it doesn't necessarily say it hasn't happened, either.

Take steroids in sports, for example. Steroids wasn't really in the news as much in the past as it is today with many people (i.e. A-Rod, Sosa, etc.) having come out and said they've done them.

Obviously you need to take into account the availability of such drugs and the testing procedures available then, but that's a whole different story.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No, no, no...this kind of stuff is up...way up. Sex, in general, is so much more prevalent in culture. Technology gets an assist, too. How many text messages took the place of the actual conversations the two would have had to have in order to reach the point they did?

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I would agree. Seems to me like this is much more prevalent today.

Draft saved Draft deleted